Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hexie Quilt and Thimble holder

Plugging along on my Hexie Flowers--I'm a little over half way there. 
It's the project I work on when I'm trying to avoid work--(snicker).  I'm actually working on three quilts right now.  Piecing another baby quilt-- that's not the most enjoyable part for me.  I like the quilting part and binding.  When I get tired of piecing nine-patches and hour glasses, I just go work on my hexie quilt.  That's probably why I'm over halfway there now.  At this rate, I'm going to have to start another handwork quilt before long.
See that grayish little contraption--that's my new thimble holder.  I also use it for bobbins of thread so I can just pull on the thread when I need more for handwork, and the bobbin just rolls around inside--pretty neat.  No more looking under the couch for my spool of thread that just rolled under there.
I love handwork, but I'm trying to use my thimble more, because I keep punching a hole in my finger.
I found a tutorial for this on a blog here
It's three pieces of plastic covered in fabric and stitched together around two of the edges.
I used the larger size for my holder, but I think I'm going to make a smaller one too.
I just finished my 30th hexie flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment